from 2 110 USD
Auqust – September - October
7 days / 6 nights
Baikal | Getting acquainted with Baikal
Almost in the center of the vast continent of Eurasia is a narrow blue crescent – Lake Baikal. Among all the beauties and riches of Siberia, Lake Baikal occupies a special place. This is the greatest mystery of nature. Indigenous people regard him as a living being who can heal or be angry and with whom it is better not to joke.
We suggest that you begin to solve the riddles of the great lake, going on a trip to the Southern part of Lake Baikal.
- Arrival to Irkutsk, meeting at the airport, introduction of the guide. Breakfast at one of the restaurants of the city. Transfer (mini bus for 16 seats of Mercedes Sprinter type) to the settlement Listvyanka (70 км from Irkutsk), on the way – visit to the museum of wooden architecture «Таl’tsy».
Listvyanka – the gates to Baikal. This settlement at the head of Angara river is spreading for 5 kilometers along Baikal coast line. It is from here that the first acquaintance with the great lake starts. There are hotels and restaurants for any taste, steam baths and saunas with Baikal water in the settlement.
Аrchitectural and ethnographic complex «Таl’tsy». Мuseum under open sky in 20 kilometers from Listvyanka. Here the way of life of common inhabitants of Siberia is recreated; one can see towers and raw of stakes of Ilimsky ostrog, cascade of water mills and visit Siberian village huts and buryatsky nomad tents.
- Upon arrival to accommodation at the hotel «Кrestovaya Pyad’», lunch with Baikal cuisine. Time at leisure. Steam bath. Dinner.
- After breakfast meeting the guide, check-out from the hotel at 9-10 a.m.
- Visit to Baikal museum.
Baikal museum. The only museum of the lake and scientific establishment in Russia. Here one can see in aquaria all underwater inhabitants of Baikal, to go down to the bottom of the lake in a special bathiscaph and see seals’ beaches by video transmission from Ushkaniy islands.
- Ascending by cable road to observation platform «Chersky Peak».
Chersky Peak. Observation platform at the dominating height over an origin of Angara river. The mountain is called after Yan Dominique Chersky – the Polish patriot sent to Siberia, who became a famous explorer of Baikal. According to the tale Yan Chersky sat on this mountain admiring Baikal.
- Lunch –picnic in the local resident family – Baikal cuisine delicacies. Tourists will be able to try local cuisine dishes. A table is served on the bank of Baikal, smoke cured Arctic cisco Is cooked.
- A walk around the settlement of Listvyanka – visit to Saint Nicholas church and souvenir market.
Saint Nicholas church. This is a wooden architectural monument of the XIX century, the only historical building in Listvyanka. The church is devoted to Saint Nicholas benefactor of seamen.
- Dinner and night at the hotel.
- After breakfast at 9-10 a.m. transfer by car to Maloye More (a channel, separating the mainland from Olkhon, the biggest island of Baikal lake). Trip duration about 4 hours.
- Lunch on the way at near the road cafe. Embarkation to high speed boats, cruise of the islands of Maloye More with disembarkations and walking. viewing a Buddhist stupa on Ogoi Island, different rare plants.
Sacred Buddhist Suburga or Epiphany Stupa. Built in 2005. An 8-meter structure is made of concrete and consists of three steps, cupola and spire.
The word suburga is translated from Sanskrit as peak. According to the Buddhist cosmology stupa symbolizes mountain Mera through which the axes connecting the Earth, Space and sky is going and connecting the mankind with the Gods’ worlds. Stupas also symbolize the aim of the Buddhist way – knowledge of himself and a full Enlightenment. It is considered that they are meant for dissolution of all negative obstacles in the world.
- Arrival to the central settlement of the island – Khudjir. Transfer to the hotel Baikal View. Accommodation, dinner, night at the hotel.
- Breakfast. Jeep safari for the whole day in Russian UAZ off-roaders to the northern end of the island cape Khoboi with a picnic lunch.
The road goes along the forest, sand fields and step without hard cover via natural stow Peschanoye (20 km to the north of Khudjir settlement) known for its picturesque sand dunes. Constant winds blowing from the sea transfer sand from the coast and from sandy depositions which have the form of high hills, dunes and occupy the territory of 3 square km. You will be able to make a photo of the rock going out of Baikal and make a wish in a gap of the rock, which reminds of the window. After picnic lunch we continue our way to the eastern side of the island to a small village Uzury –where one of Baikal weather stations is located, further on visiting one of the rocks of the Eastern coast with a beautiful view of the Eastern side of the island.
- Return to the hotel by the evening. Dinner. Night at the hotel.
- After breakfast a visit to buryatski (local residents) village. Introduction to customs and traditions of residents of the island – buryat. Lunch during the program. Visit to territorial museum, meeting a practicing shaman. A stroll on horseback for 11 km to Yalga locality (alternative – off roaders).
Yalga – beautiful nature. Very beautiful sandy foreland, where water is warmed very much – it is possible to bathe.
- Lunch, dinner, night at the hotel.
- Breakfast. Travel arrangements. Automobile transfer to Irkutsk.
- Lunch. Accommodation at the hotel. You will be able to see a historical center of Irkutsk, place of the city foundation, several churches, walk along the embankment of Angara river.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- After breakfast transfer to the airport.
- Hotel in Irkutsk - Courtyard Marriotte 4*
- Hotel in Listyanka - Krestovaya Pad”
- Hotel in Ol’khon island- Baikal View
- Double accommodation at the indicated hotels
- Meals – full board (excluding alcohol beverages)
- Transfers according to the program
- All entrance tickets and visits indicated in the program
- Freight of a motor vessel/high speed boats according to the program
- alcohol beverages
If you would like to book the tour, please fill in the form