from 1 675 USD
The land of active volcanoes
During this truly unique journey you will cross Kamchatka by car from the south to the north, moving from one climatic zone to another, and then find yourself in the center of the peninsula. There is one of the most beautiful places of the Kamchatka – the Klyuchevskaya volcanoes group that is considered to be the largest in Eurasia.
You will spend the night in tents, admiring picturesque panoramas of the Kamchatka nature, relax in hot springs and thermal pools after climbing. If you wish, you can make your vacation in Kamchatka even more vivid, visiting the famous valley of geysers or go on a helicopter tour to the Kuril lake to watch the bears hunting salmon.
- Meeting at the airport.
- Moving to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
- Accomodation in the hotel and rest.
- Free time.
- You will have dinner with the guide at 8 p.m. and discuss the program.
Boat trip to the Avacha Bay. You will see sea bird rookeries on Babushkin Kamen (Old Woman’s Stone) Island and Tri Brata (Three Brothers) Island. Go out to the Pacific ocean tup to Starichkov Island, where you will watch the largest sea bird rookery in Kamchatka. Most likely you will meet with the dolphins, sea lions and killer whales. You will participate in sea fishing, after which you will have a lunch.
After the sea excursion you will move to the Mutnovsky volcano area. Here we will set up a camp, you will have a dinner and spend the night in tents.
Climbing to the crater of the Mutnovsky volcano (2323 m high). Observe the active fumaroles, mud siphons, and a mountain lake. The Mutnovsky crater is the one of the most outstanding volcanic phenomena in Kamchatka. The steep slopes surround the wide and deep cavity of the crater with gleaming glaciers, crushed cracks and boiling fumaroles.
Climbing will take approximately 8 hours. Then you will return to the camp and will have a rest.
Visiting another active volcano Gorely (1829 m high), moving past the lava flows and cinder fields, observing 3 craters with volcanic lakes.
Climbing will take approximately 6 hours, after that you will move to the Paratunka recreation base. You will check in and swim in the thermal pools.
During this day it is possible to buy a helicopter excursion to Geyser Valley and Uzon Caldera with walking around Geyser Valley with lunch outdoors. Also you can visit Kuril lake and watch the bears. The excursions are paid additionally.
In the evening you will go to Malka village with setting the camp and swimming in the hot springs. Spend the night in tents.
After breakfast you will go to the Klyuchevskaya volcano group area. On the way there will be a stop for lunch in the cafe in Milkovo village.
Then you will move to the area of Ostryy and Ploskiy Tolbachik volcanoes. On the way you will observe the spectacular views of the highest volcanoes of Kamchatka: Krestovsky (4 057 m), Ushkovsky (3 903 m), Klyuchevskaya (4 750 m), Stone (4 579 m), Ploskiy (3 082 m) and Ostryy Tolbachik (3 672 m).
- The eruption to the volcano Ploskiy Tolbachik, which in 2012-2013 has became one of the most powerful on Kamchatka in the last hundred years. Two fractured breakthroughs formed at the southern slope. Powerful lava flows passed through the snow-covered volcano's slopes for about 18 km.
- Today you will observe the the consequences of the 2013 eruption — see the young cone, caves made by the wide lava flows, the stone sculptures and the heaps of hardened lava.
After breakfast you will go to the North and South breakthroughs. You will climb on Tolbachinsky cones, representing the volcanoes in miniature. Their height is 100-200 meters.
After returning to the camp, you will spend the night in tents.
9 DAY | Dead Forest and old Milkovo village
- In the first half of the day you will take a walk through the Dead forest – a huge area destroyed by slag and ash eruptions in 1975.
- After you will move to Milkovo village, located on the banks of the Kamchatka river. It was founded in the XVIII century on the island of Itelmen – the indigenous people of Kamchatka.
- Here you will stay in the hotel, and you have free time to walk through one of the oldest settlements of the Kamchatka region. You can visit the observation point, which offers panoramic views of the village, the Kamchatka river and volcanoes
10 DAY | Ethnographic museum and moving to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
- Today you will get acquainted with the exposition of the Ethnographic museum of the Kamchatka river valley's inhabitants. You will have lunch in the cafe and then move to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
- Accommodation in the hotel and a farewell dinner in the evening.
11 DAY | Homecoming
- Transfer to fish market at 9 a.m. Then you will be taken to airport.
- DBL accommodation at the hotel and the base.
- FB during the whole tour except lunch in Milkovo.
- Guide and cook service on the whole tour.
- Necessary tourist equipment (tents, dishes, rafts etc. except sleeping bag).
- Transport service.
- Boat trip.
- International flights.
- Accommodation in a single room at hotel and at the base ( 230 USD per person).
- Lunches in Milkovo.
- The helicopter excursion to Kuril lake with bears watching (610 USD per person, optionally).
- The helicopter excursion to Geyser Valley and Uzon caldera (640 USD per person, optionally).
- Sleeping bags rent.