from 1 860 USD
August - September - October
7 days / 6 nights
Baikal | Trip along Baikal
Almost in the center of the vast continent of Eurasia is a narrow blue crescent – Lake Baikal. Among all the beauties and riches of Siberia, Lake Baikal occupies a special place. This is the greatest mystery of nature. Indigenous people regard him as a living being who can heal or be angry and with whom it is better not to joke.
We suggest that you begin to solve the riddles of the great lake, going on a trip to the Southern part of Lake Baikal.
- Arrival to Irkutsk, meeting at the airport, introduction of the guide.
- Breakfast at one of the restaurants of the city. Transfer (mini bus for 16 seats of Mercedes Sprinter type) to the settlement Listvyanka (70 км from Irkutsk), on the way – visit to the museum of wooden architecture «Таl’tsy».
- Listvyanka – the gates to Baikal. This settlement at the head of Angara river is spreading for 5 kilometers along Baikal coast line. It is from here that the first acquaintance with the great lake starts. There are hotels and restaurants for any taste, steam baths and saunas with Baikal water in the settlement.
- Аrchitectural and ethnographic complex «Таl’tsy». Мuseum under open sky in 20 kilometers from Listvyanka. Here the way of life of common inhabitants of Siberia is recreated; one can see towers and raw of stakes of Ilimsky ostrog, cascade of water mills and visit Siberian village huts and buryatsky nomad tents.
- Upon arrival to accommodation at the hotel «Кrestovaya Pyad’», lunch with Baikal cuisine. Time at leisure. Sauna. Dinner. Night in the hotel.
- After breakfast meeting the guide, check-out from the hotel at 9-10 a.m.
- Visit to Baikal museum. The only museum of the lake and scientific establishment in Russia. Here one can see in aquaria all underwater inhabitants of Baikal, to go down to the bottom of the lake in a special bathyscaph and see seals’ beaches by video transmission from Ushkaniy islands.
- Getting on board of the sped boat which will take you from Listvyanka to the most sunny place on Baikal – Peschanaya (sandy) bay. Lunch on board. Arrival to Peschanaya bay.
This is a monument of Nature, one of the most picturesque bays on Baikal, called Siberian Riviera – the only place in eastern Siberia where an average temperature is positive (+0, 4 C).
- Stroll to Babushka bay – one of the most picturesque bays at Baikal.
Babushka bay is smaller than Peschanaya bay, but not less cozy and beautiful. The width of the bay at the entrance is about 300 meters; from the west it is limited by Big Kolokolny cape, and from the east –the cape Ded. Here there are huge pines and larches which are called stilted by local people because their roots can be seen – sandy soil under them is washed out by water.
- Dinner and night on board.
- After breakfast at 9-10 in the morning continuation of the cruise along the western coast of Baikal along Maloye More channel to Ol’khon island.
- Part of Baikal between the western cost and Ol’khon island is a unique water space with a peculiar micro-climate and is called Maloye More (small sea), which name testifies to its exclusivity and independence.
- Ol’khon island is considered as one of the most beautiful places of Baikal and is a center of buryatsky and Central Asian Shamanism as a lot of sacred places are concentrated here. According to the legend it is here that the first buryatsky shaman obtained its gift; at the time of Genghis Khan Mongolian shamans used to come here running from prosecution of lamas.
- Lunch on board.
- At the second half of the day arrival to Ol’khon island, accommodation at the hotel Baikal View. Stroll to Shamanka rock, dinner, night at the hotel.
- Jeep safari for the whole day in Russian UAZ off-roaders to the northern end of the island cape Khoboi with a picnic lunch.
The road goes along the forest, sand fields and step without hard cover via natural stow Peschanoye (20 km to the north of Khudjir settlement) known for its picturesque sand dunes. Constant winds blowing from the sea transfer sand from the coast and from sandy depositions which have the form of high hills, dunes and occupy the territory of 3 square km. You will be able to make a photo of the rock going out of Baikal and make a wish in a gap of the rock, which reminds of the window. After picnic lunch we continue our way to the eastern side of the island to a small village Uzury –where one of Baikal weather tations is located, further on visiting one of the rocks of the Eastern coast with a beautiful view of the Eastern side of the island.
- Return to the hotel by the evening. Dinner. Night at the hotel.
- After breakfast a visit to buryatski (local residents) village. Introduction to customs and traditions of residents of the island – buryat. Lunch during the program. Visit to territorial museum, meeting a practicing shaman. A stroll on horseback for 11 km to Yalga locality (alternative – quad bikes).
- Yalga – beautiful nature. Very beautiful sandy foreland, where water is warmed very much – it is possible to bathe.
- Lunch, dinner, night at the hotel.
- Breakfast. Travel arrangements. Automobile transfer to Irkutsk.
- Lunch. Accommodation at the hotel.
- A mini city tour with a guide. You will be able to see a historical center of Irkutsk, place of the city foundation, several churches, walk along the embankment of Angara river.
- Dinner and night at the hotel.
- After breakfast transfer to the airport.
- Hotel in Irkutsk - Courtyard Marriotte 4*
- Hotel in Listyanka - Krestovaya Pad”
- Hotel in Ol’khon island - Baikal View
- Double accommodation in the indicated hotels
- Meals – full board (excluding alcohol beverages)
- Transfers according to the program
- All entrance tickets and visits indicated in the program
- Freight of a motor vessel/high speed boats according to the program
- alcohol beverages
If you would like to book the tour, please fill in the form